Book Bloggers and Publishers Online Conference
Hello everybody, I wanted to let you know that I've signed up for Book Bloggers and Publishers Online Conference. The conference will take place April 13-17, 2011. The best part about this conference is that you don't have to leave town. The cost is $45. If money is an issue they have ways to help you out. Go to http://bbpcon.blogspot.com/ to check out all the details about registration.
This is a tentative list of panels:
- Legal Issues and Book Blogging - everything a blogger should know about disclosing book sources, the FTC guidelines and the new blog subscription system via Amazon and copyright issues.
- The Financial Side of Book Blogging - as affiliates, what do we need to claim on our taxes? Does our revenue have to reach a certain level before we're liable? Is monetizing our sites really worth it?
- Audio Books - How to get them and how to review them.
- Publisher Blogs
- What Publishers Look For in a Blog - find out what publishers want to see in a review site.
- Vlogs?!? What are They? How do They Work? - how long should they be? What's their draw? Tips and hints to make them better.
- Young Adult Books, What is Coming Out and Who is Reading
- Reviewing under 18? - Tips on being professional and how to approach publishers.
- Is YA White Washed? - What can be talked about? What goes to far? Is realism lost?
- YA Blogging Over 30? 40? 50? - approaching the genre from a different perspective and the authors writing it.
- What Publicity Departments Do - Hear from the houses and better understand what they are looking for.
- Self Publishing is Changing - What do we think? Why authors are choosing it and how self-publishing works. With the changing technology, as reviewers, are we more willing to review these titles?
- PopUp Publishers - Where are they all coming from?!? - Finding and reviewing new publishers. What are we looking for when we read their books?
- Reviewing: Print vs. Ebooks
- Single vs Multiple Reviewer Sites - Pros and Cons
- A Mission Statement for Your Blog
- Attending Live Events as a Blogger - Hear from bloggers who have attended Romantic Times Book Lovers Convention, Authors After Dark, and the Book Expo of America.
- Promoting Your Site - Discussion on both passive and active marketing ideas.
- Negative and Positive Reviews and Why both are Needed
- Authors, Bloggers, Publishers Behaving Badly
- Blogger Burnout - Learn different approaches for getting over the burn.
- Time Management -
- What Bloggers WANT - publishers are not mind readers, what would make it easier for us?
- The Design & Technical Side of Blogging - Learn how to track stats; the intricacies of Technorati, Feedburn, Google Friend Connect, etc; HTML & CSS tricks.
- How to Help Authors Give Us What We Want
I am super excited to be participating this year. I look forward to finding out ways to improve my blog, interact with publishers and other bloggers. I'm also happy to be able to do this from my home. It makes it so much easier to attend. Also I don't want to forget, there will be lots of giveaways!!! So if you're interested in attending, sign ups are going on right now. Head on over to http://bbpcon.blogspot.com/. I hope to see you there!