4 Challenges I'm Taking On In 2016
I'm really excited to have joined a few reading challenges for 2016. One of my goals is to read more books that are already in my sad and neglected TBR pile. But also to read more classics and nonfiction books. I think these challenges will help me stay focused and on task.
- Books published during the Victorian age (1837-1901) are acceptable.
- Books written about the Victorian age are acceptable, no matter what year they were published. (Here are some ideas)
- Stories are not limited to Victorian Britain. Read about what was going on in other parts of the world during this time!
- Challenge is open to everyone everywhere---you don't have to have a blog or site to enter to win. Just enter the link to your online review (Amazon, Goodreads, BookCrossing, or elsewhere).
- Go to Belle's Library if you'd like to participate in this too.
I read several nonfiction books a year, but I'd like to challenge myself to read more. So, I'm going to sign up at the Explorer level (6-10 books). If you're interested in signing up for this challenge, you can click the button or go to The Introverted Reader.
Every year I tell myself that I will read more classics, but honestly there are so many books that I need to read that I hardly have time to read what I want. This year, I making time! This challenge is hosted by The Pretty Books. All you have to do is read one classic book a month. Here are some suggested questions that I might talk about during this challenge:
WHEN I Discovered This Classic
WHY I Chose to Read It
WHAT Makes It A Classic
WHAT I Thought of This Classic
WILL It Stay A Classic
WHO I’d Recommend It To
And last by not least: The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. This is my own, personal challenge--though I'm sure there might be blogs who are hosting this challenge. I know I won't finish this list in a year, but I hope to get started on it anyway. If you're not familiar with who Rory Gilmore is then you need to watch Gilmore Girls. It's available on Netflix, and it's awesome!
What challenges did you join?